Image Attribution: “Red Notice” by netflix is licensed under CC BY-SA. (See interactive map)

Tanveer Kaur

T00608617

VISA 1500

Assignment #4

This is the most recent Hollywood action film I have watched” RED NOTICE”. This film is based on a thief which is in search of eggs for Cleopatra. Eggs were the demand of Cleopatra’s father on her marriage, like whoever will give 3 eggs on her marriage will get a huge prize. This scene is from the scene when Nolan Booth(Ryan Reynolds) finds out about bishop(Gal Gadot) and john Hartley’s (Dwayne Johnson)partnership.

Till this scene, the bishop was working alone and both john Hartley, Nolan was working together in search of the 3ed egg. I was shocked during this scene because by this time I started liking the friendship of these two and their rivalry with the bishop. This image shows that no one can be trusted because till this scene john Hartley lied by seeing in his eyes every time. Bishop, being a lady has shown a very powerful character, very strong and charming her way to get to eggs. Before this scene, Nolan felt bad for John because he thought that john is drowned in water. He genuinely started caring for john, but in this scene, he came to know that john Hartley and the bishop are both in a committed relationship and professional partners as well, and they were fooling him all time. He felt betrayed in this scene. Nolan in this scene came to know that john Hartley was never in the FBI. He was a conman like his father. Bishop’s part was interesting because she was dealing with two men: one thief and one FBI agent. In the whole movie, she was always one step ahead of these two. I have watched this movie more than 10 times just to see this scene because I feel pity for Nolan booth after this scene. The first time he felt something for john Hartley and his friendship. This movie is my the most favorite Hollywood action movie till now. I am not a fan of action movies, but I like Dwayne Johnson from the whole heart still I was not going to see this movie, but I saw the trailer and it was and is interesting. This is the first time I have recommended this movie to everyone I know because I was so attached to this film. And there was Ed-Sheeran in this film as well.

Despite the presence of well-known actors, the film has performed poorly at the box office. Although it is still too early to gather reliable figures, reviewer evaluations are unfavorable. The film, on the other hand, has a very high audience rating and has remained in Netflix’s “Top 10” since its premiere earlier this month. This film is certainly engaging with moviegoers in ways that critics disagree with, and I believe that the big names and minority representation play a huge part in that.

REFERENCES

https://www.netflix.com/watch/81161626?trackId=13752289&tctx=0%2C0%2Ce23fa8a08f420d151895abded1d5ee885b468bc1%3A55e083d338ab67ff409b18bd803ed78894f1eb3d%2Ce23fa8a08f420d151895abded1d5ee885b468bc1%3A55e083d338ab67ff409b18bd803ed78894f1eb3d%2Cunknown%2C

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Notice_(film)

“Red Notice Reviews“. MetacriticRed Ventures. Retrieved November 20, 2021.